Friday, January 13, 2012

Pucker Up!

Raw Lemon Coconut Bars
(Ani Phyo's Recipe)

1 cup raw almonds chopped
1 1/2 cups pitted dates
1 vanilla bean, scraped
1 tsp pink salt
Zest of 1 lemon
juice of 1 1/2 lemons
1 cup shredded raw coconut

Chop almonds in food processor. Flour 9 inch square baking pan with some of the almond flour. Add dates to food processor. In mixing bowl, add remaining ingredients. Press into baking pan. 

Chill for a couple of hours before serving to film them up. Cut into squares. Enjoy!

4 comments:

jjluuf said...

Hi,
I have been inspired by your raw food adventure to explore some raw cuisine myself. I love experimenting with new ways of eating and want to eat in a way that gives me lots of energy, top health and helps me look good without compromising my love of food and flavour.
I have so many questions about your transition from SAD to raw. Did you go all out raw from day one or did you gradually phase out cooked food? Are you 100% raw now or do you still hanker after a bag of crisps or a juicy steak every now and again (and if you do, do you just tuck in)?
Thank you so much for the inspiration!
Kind Regards,

Jenny

Dayna Martin said...

Jenny, I love your questions and plan on answering them in my next blog entry, inspired by YOU! Thank you for asking and I am happy to share over the next couple of days.

~Dayna

Mt. Moe Academy said...

Thank you for sharing your recipes!

Dayna Martin said...

You are welcome Mt. Moe Academy.