Sunday, January 8, 2012

Raw Brekky



I love breakfast food! I always have. These raw breakfasts fill you up and keep you energized througout the day! My kids love them and they have become a staple in our home. I hope you enjoy them too!





Banana, Blueberry Pancakes
(This is from Mimi Kirk's book, "Live Raw.")

These are delicious and warm coming straight out of the dehydrator in the morning!
Ivy knows this recipe by heart! She loves waking up to these too!

Ingredients

2 bananas, (mashed, but not to the consistency of baby food.)
2 Tbs raw agave
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup fresh blueberries
1 tsp cinnamon

Mix and put pancake sized circle of batter on dehydrator sheets.
Flip after 5 hours and dehydrate for 5 more hours. You can drizzle with raw agave, or add more fresh fruit.


Choco-Coconut Buckwheaties
(This is a recipe that my friend Kristine Johnson Langlois passed on to me)

This cereal is something that I've only recently discovered, but it is so good I had to share!


Soak overnight whatever amount of buckwheat groats you desire.
Rinse. Sprout by draining them and spreading them on a cookie sheet for
24 hrs. You will see little white tails growing from the buckwheat. Rinse and then put them in a bowl and add:

1 cup cacao powder
1/4 cup raw honey
1/4 cup raw shredded coconut
Dehydrate overnight.

When you wake up you will have the most delicious cereal!
Add almond milk and enjoy!


No comments: