Thursday, February 2, 2012

Excalibur Love!

Since choosing a Raw food lifestyle, I have had to rethink how food is prepared and have  begin using new tools and techniques to create delicious raw meals. One of my favorite appliances is the Excalibur Dehydrator. I use it almost daily and have made so many amazing foods that taste cooked, but are still alive and loaded with enzymes. I have the 9-tray model and I love how easy it is to use and to clean. 
Here are a few other features that I appreciate: 

-The heat source and fan are in the back, forcing air to distribute evenly throughout the chamber. There is never uneven drying spots like I experienced with the cheap, round models.

-I LOVE the temp control and in fact being raw, I feel it is essential to be sure to keep the temp low enough to not kill the living enzymes present in the food.

-The big trays rock! You can pack a LOT of food into them. I can make two of three items at once with room to spare. This is so important when you are 100% raw like I am, because I am always making something.

-I like the mesh liner on all of the trays. The holes are tiny, so no food falls through like with other brands that I've seen. 

-You gotta love the removable trays! If I have large items-- like kale chips or bread I can just remove every other tray and have another 1/2" or more room!

-I love the 10 yr warranty! I am in for this Raw lifestyle for the long haul! I can't imagine ever going back to cooked food now that I've felt and seen how much better I feel living this way. Knowing that this dehydrator will last me a decade makes me feel like it was an incredible investment! 

I can't say enough good things about the 9-tray Excalibur!! 
Next to my Vitamix, I couldn't live joyfully Raw without it!!


No comments: